Monday, July 19, 2010

Runway Monday: Elie Saab Fall 2010 Couture

Elie Saab's collection was the one I was most looking forward to from the fall couture collections in Paris.  I love me some Elie Saab, and some of the looks were divine per usual:

But, unusually, there was an equal number of dresses I'm just crossing my fingers we won't see modeled on the royal runway:
Some of these shapes just aren't going to be flattering to any one with non-model proportions.  In particular, I found myself noting placing a mental caution note on several looks for Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.  She's one of the biggest Elie Saab fans around, but she's prone to gowns that cover her up and often lack the shape she requires.  And some of these runway creations fit just that bill:
Anything but these, please, MT.

See the whole collection here.  Which ones are you hoping we will and won't see on the royal ladies?

Photos:  Marcio Madeira/FirstView.com/Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment