Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hijab and Poncho: Love it or Shove it?

Before I start I have to say I completely and utterly hate the idea of hijab and poncho and I shove it right here but I am going to do a post on it because I want your opinions and also because I have seen a fair few hijabis adopt the poncho as their very best friend :S

Surprisingly, I did not find many photos of hijabis with ponchos but here are a couple to show you:

These two don't look too bad actually but I think the long ones look far better with trousers as wearing a long poncho with a skirt/jilbab is a material overload. Obviously with a sheer poncho you would have to wear modest clothes underneath but they could come in useful on those hot summer days.
Anyway, I'm still sceptical but I can see how a poncho could be nice with a headscarf..here are some ponchos I like:
This is cute and I like that you can button it at the top:

And the only kind of poncho I would ever even consider wearing myself..

So do you love it or did you, like me, shove it to the back of your wardrobe when it went out of fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment